This declaration concerns the applicability of the 2012/19/EU directive of 4 July 2012 on waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE directive - Waste on Electrical and Electronic Equipment) and the applicability of the Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act - ElektroG2 act on the reorganisation of the law on the putting on the market, recovery, and recycling of electrical and electronic equipment (ElektroG, Electrical Equipment Act) of 20 October 2015 (BGBl. I S. 1739), as last amended by article 16 of the act of 27 June 2017 (BGBl. I S. 1966).
The products of E-T-A Elektrotechnische Apparate GmbH currently do not fall within the scope of the directive or the ElektroG2.
All E-T-A products, when used as intended, fall under the following exemptions according to § 2 section (2) of the ElektroG2:
- Devices that
- (a) are incorporated as part of another device which is excluded from, or does not fall within, the scope of this act; and
- (b) can perform their function only specifically as part of that other device,
- large stationary industrial tools,
- large fixed plants; however, this act applies to equipment which is not specifically designed and installed as part of such plants,
- means of transport for the carriage of passengers or goods; however, this act applies to electric two-wheeled vehicles for which type-approval is not required,
- mobile machinery.